But you’re still there in my head, talking to me
You’re calmer in there than you’d been
I hear your mumbling, worn and sad
I still feel you blending against my back,
Though I haven’t slept next to you in months now
My body still remembers just how it felt
I can’t help but notice you’re gone
I’m slowly getting my confidence back
After feeling so dead for so long
But I can’t help but want your approval still
I can’t figure how to move on
I shed all the weight from our sedated life
I look older, but my youth isn’t gone
But I never see anyone looking at me
That I want how I wanted you
And everyone reminds me that this takes time
And I tell myself I’m doing well
I’m doing well, of course, but still
How much longer will this go on?
You're doing so well.
ReplyDeletehehe, i just noticed this comment. :-) thanks!
ReplyDelete