From my fanfic review...
I really sympathize with Harry regarding his friends in your story; when the times are good, you really love your friends. When times aren't as they like it, you sometimes have to/want to bend over backwards to keep them happy in your friendship so you can experience those good times again. I currently live with 3 really close and dear friends from university...but I am afraid that 4 yrs on now from graduation we have finally grown apart. Different goals and lifestyle habits are now creating frictions and tension whereas in school they were aligned enough we could just concentrate on homework and having fun. I admit to grieving for those times when the bond was so deep and comforting. Now I hesitate to bring up concerns or problems because, like Harry, I don't want to hurry up the inevitable fight/break up/write off. At age 26-28, our habits are fairly ingrained; we need significant motivation to change them and my unhappiness with __ isn't enough for my friends to compromise. I am afraid Harry is in the same boat with Ron. :-( Ron has always needed a huge club over the head + nagging to get him to compromise and empathize in unfamiliar situations outside of combat. And in the books those situations lasted less than a year before he realized he needed to adapt. Ron won't be so lucky here...
Wishing you all the best, Ronin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment